Tip: Numbered bar regions
- Make a selection in an instrumental part and choose Write > Create Numbered Bar Region.
- You can drag the handles at the start and end of the region to edit its position and length.
- There are several Engraving Options to determine the style of numbered bar regions.
Tip: User-defined Project Templates
- Dorico 4 allows you to save any project as a template.
- Add your desired instruments and add any useful flows.
- Set your preferred options, and make changes to styles and page templates.
- You can even apply a playback template.
- Choose File > Save As Project Template, and the template will now be available in the Hub for you to use again and again.
Tip: Multiple lyric words on a single note
- Start lyric input by pressing the Lyrics button on the Notations toolbar, or with the key command Shift+L.
- Type Shift+Alt+SPACE to prevent the popover from advancing.
- Use the Lyric text alignment property to left-align the text.
Tip: Undo and redo selections
- If, when making a complex selection, you make a mistake, you can undo the latest change and carry on.
- Selections can be both undone and redone.
- This can be extremely useful when making complex or detailed selections and a mistake is made.
Tip: Use sketch instruments when composing or arranging
- Dorico 4 features sketch instruments for composing and arranging.
- In the Hub, choose the Empty project template, setting any desired project options.
- Chose Add Ensemble to add multiple instruments at once.
- There are sketch instruments for woodwind, brass and strings, all of which are grand staff instruments with relevant HSSE sound presets.
- Once you are ready, it is easy to use Dorico’s editing features to fully orchestrate your ideas.