- When options dialogs are opened, the filter bar is in focus. You can always put the focus in the filter bar by pressing Ctrl/Cmd+L.
- Simply start typing to find the page or category you are looking for.
- Press Ctrl/Cmd+F to display the search bar at the top of the chosen page. As you type, Dorico will jump to the first result.
- Press Ctrl/Cmd+G to move through the search results.
- You can even search using the first letter of words in an options description.
- Hold down Ctrl/Cmd to select non-adjacent notes.
- Open the Lines panel and choose Attach to notehead for both the start and the end of the line.
- Click on a line draw it between the selected notes.
- In Engrave mode, drags the line’s handles to refine their position to your taste.
- Move between notes in a voice with the left/right arrow keys.
- Use the up/down arrow keys to move to the next note in a chord, the next voice, or even the staff above or below.
- Cycle through music items at the same rhythmic position on the same staff with Tab.
- Move to the next/previous item of the same type with the left/right arrow keys.
Spitfire Audio’s BBC Symphony Orchestra library is available in three editions, Discover (£49 or free), Core (£399) and Pro (£899).
We have created some Dorico project templates and playback templates for this library so that you can use it more easily in our projects in Dorico Pro, Elements or SE. You will need Dorico 3.5 or later.
Each zip file contains a project template, playback template and information file.
For information on how to install and use these templates, please watch this video:
For in-depth information about how they were constructed and how you can integrate other libraries with expression maps, and percussion maps to make your own custom playback templates please watch the Discover Dorico session on Expression maps and Playback templates for Spitfire BBCSO Discover.
- In Dorico 3.5, you can open the properties panel using the key command Alt+8.
- Doing this puts the focus in the new Search control, allowing you to immediately type to find the property you need quickly and easily.