Development diary, part seven

Development diary, part seven

It’s been almost three months since the last instalment in this series, so it’s high time for another update on our progress. In this update, as promised I will share some information about our music font, Bravura, and the project we have been leading to...
Development diary, part six

Development diary, part six

In the last update, we started discussing some of the individual engines that are under development to handle atomic notation and engraving tasks, and I described the engines for note and rest grouping, and positioning rests in multiple voices. Let’s take a look...
Development diary, part the fifth

Development diary, part the fifth

All of a sudden, over the past week I have received lots of requests for an update on our progress, so here we go. My last update was at the start of November, on the occasion of the first anniversary of our team joining Steinberg. This new update comes more or less...

Watch Daniel on The Audio Podcast #104

Today I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Scott, Adam and Samuel of The Audio Podcast about our in-development scoring application. We discuss why we need another scoring application, what benefits a Lua plug-in API might bring to users, and I completely avoid...
Development diary, part four

Development diary, part four

One year ago today, my colleagues and I began work on our new scoring application in our new home at Steinberg. To mark this anniversary, I thought I would bring you right up to date with our progress. My last update took us up to the end of July, so there are three...
Development diary, part three

Development diary, part three

In my last post, I started to bring you up to date on our progress over the past few months, and today I’m going to continue the story. You have probably by now come to expect a fair amount of nerdy detail, and hopefully I won’t disappoint. The image above...