Spitfire Audio’s BBC Symphony Orchestra library is available in three editions, Discover (£49 or free), Core (£399) and Pro (£899).
We have created some Dorico project templates and playback templates for this library so that you can use it more easily in your projects in Dorico Pro, Elements or SE. You will need Dorico 3.5 or later.
- BBCSO Discover Template (zip, updated 18th February 2021)
- BBCSO Core Template (zip, updated 19th May 2021)
- BBCSO Pro Template (zip, updated 19th May 2021)
Each zip file contains a project template, playback template and information file.
- May 2021: making playback of repeated notes in legato passages smoother using tweaks to the expression maps. Details in the Information PDF in the zip file.
- Feb 2021: adding the changes in BBCSO v1.2 update (see SpitfireAudio changelog for details)
For information on how to install and use these templates, please watch this video:
For in-depth information about how they were constructed and how you can integrate other libraries with expression maps, and percussion maps to make your own custom playback templates please watch the Discover Dorico session on Expression maps and Playback templates for Spitfire BBCSO Discover.