Until 30 November, you can save a massive 50% on new licenses, crossgrades, updates and upgrades for Dorico Pro 4 and Dorico Elements 4 in the Steinberg online shop and at selected reseller partners. You can also save 50% on the Lifetime Unlock in-app purchase for Dorico for iPad. This is only the second time that Dorico has ever been offered at such a large discount, and we don’t expect to offer it again any time soon, so now’s the perfect time to buy.
There are so many great offers in the Cyber Deals sale that we’ve split them up by product. Simply click the link below for the product you’re interested in to find out more!
Dorico Pro 4
Dorico Pro 4 represents a huge step forwards for our professional music notation and composition application, with big workflow improvements. You can save on new licenses, updates from previous versions, and upgrades from Dorico Elements. Simply click the link below that applies to you to find out more:
- New licenses
- Updating from Dorico Pro 3.5
- Updating from Dorico Pro 3
- Updating from Dorico Pro 2
- Updating from Dorico 1.x
- Upgrading from Dorico Elements
If you don’t currently own any version of Dorico, you can save 50% on a brand new Dorico Pro 4 license before 30 November 2022.
If you currently use Sibelius Ultimate or Finale, you can save even more when you switch to Dorico Pro with our competitive crossgrade. The competitive crossgrade is 40% cheaper than a new retail license – and until 30 November 2022 you can save a further 50%. You don’t have to stop using or upgrading your existing product – you simply have to show proof of ownership to qualify for this special price.
Retail, academic and theological licenses for any version of the full Finale package are eligible. Cut-down versions of Finale such as Finale Allegro, Finale PrintMusic, Finale Guitar, Finale Songwriter, and Finale Notepad are not eligible. To prove your eligibility, please provide a screenshot of your Finale serial number, for example, from your account page on the MakeMusic web site, or the About Finale window within the software itself.
Perpetual retail and academic licenses for any version of the full Sibelius Ultimate package are eligible. If you currently subscribe to Sibelius Ultimate rather than having a perpetual license, you are eligible if you have either been subscribed for more than 12 months, or have a pre-paid annual subscription. If you have an older version of Sibelius prior to the name change to Sibelius Ultimate, i.e. before Sibelius 2018.4, you are eligible if your license is for the full Sibelius package. Cut-down versions of Sibelius such as Sibelius Artist, Sibelius First, and Sibelius Student are not eligible. To prove your eligibility, please provide a screenshot of your Sibelius serial number or System ID/Activation ID, for example, from your account page on the Avid web site, or the About Sibelius window within the software itself. If you have a subscription rather than a perpetual license, please provide proof of your subscription length, either from your account page on the Avid web site, or from the Avid link application.
Updating from Dorico Pro 3.5
If you’re currently using Dorico Pro 3.5, you can update to Dorico Pro 4 and benefit from dozens of powerful new features throughout the application. For example:
- A brand new Key Editor available in Write mode, making it easy to finesse the performance of your music with MIDI editing tools right at your fingertips
- Smart MIDI import, with a built-in memory that learns your preferences, and sophisticated automatic transcription of trills, tremolos, grace notes, pedal lines, and more
- Polyphonic MIDI transcription, producing playable, clear multi-voice music from your real-time recording or MIDI import
- Powerful new note input and editing features, including the biggest ever upgrade to Dorico’s unique Insert mode
- Suite of integrated melodic and rhythmic transformation features, including inversion, retrograde, pitch and scale mapping, and more
- On-screen Keyboard and Fretboard instruments for input – including multi-touch support for Windows devices
- A beautiful new and much more performant Mixer, and a completely revamped and rebuilt Play mode
- Native Apple silicon support for improved performance on Apple’s latest M1- and M2-powered computers
- Flexible new Steinberg Licensing allowing you to run Dorico on up to three computers for your own use – no dongles required!
- Comprehensive new Library Manager, making it easy to achieve a consistent appearance between projects by importing and exporting options and library items
- New Jump bar that puts every command at your fingertips with a single tap of the J key
- Instrument filters in galley view, allowing you to focus on only the staves you want to work on right now
- New professional effects plug-ins, including SuperVision monitoring, Frequency parametric EQ, and Multiband Compressor, and VST Amp Rack and VST Bass Amp for guitar amp modelling
- Improvements to player handling, including automatic score ordering, soloists, and custom user-defined instrument ensembles
- More sophisticated staff labels, including brackets for player groups, using player names instead of instrument names, and more
- …and much, much more!
Check out this short video that introduces many of the important new improvements in Dorico Pro 4:
If you need more convincing, check out this complete playlist that introduces many of these new features in more depth.
When you’re ready to buy, head to the Steinberg online shop to make your purchase, and save 50% when you purchase before 30 November 2022.
Updating from Dorico Pro 3
If you’re currently using Dorico Pro 3, then in addition to all of the above new features, you’ll also benefit from all of the new features added in Dorico Pro 3.5, including:
- Efficient new pitch before duration input (similar to Finale’s Speedy Entry method)
- Comprehensive and beautiful figured bass
- Automatic condensing for section players and divisi
- Richer VST expression maps for controlling sample libraries, including conditional switches based on note length
- Streamlined Properties panel and search in Dorico’s comprehensive options dialogs
- Clef and transposition overrides make it easy to create alternate part layouts for instruments in other transpositions
- Sophisticated editors for custom line styles
- Quick and easy export of snippets of music using graphic slices
- Expanded guitar notation, including techniques like tapping, vibrato bar dips, etc.
- …and much, much more!
To update from Dorico Pro 3 to Dorico Pro 4, simply visit the Steinberg online shop and save 50% when you buy before 30 November 2022.
Updating from Dorico Pro 2
If you’re still using Dorico Pro 2, then you’ll also get the features introduced in Dorico Pro 3, including:
- Revolutionary automatic condensing for conductor’s scores – still completely unique
- Tablature for fretted instruments, dynamically linked to the corresponding staff notation
- Beautiful fingering for fretted instruments, with publication-quality automatic placement
- Smart harp pedaling, with automatic calculation of pedal changes
- Custom playback templates, making it easy to set up and re-use sophisticated VST plug-in configurations
- Annotate your score with comments for review and proof-reading
- Lyrics improvements, including vertical adjustment for the whole system, copy and paste support, and a lyric editor dialog
- …and much, much more!
To update from Dorico Pro 2 to Dorico Pro 4, simply visit the Steinberg online shop and save 50% when you buy before 30 November 2022.
Updating from Dorico 1.x
If you first tried out Dorico before it was even known as Dorico Pro, then you’ll also get the features introduced in Dorico Pro 2, including:
- Support for composing to picture, with Video window, timecode, and markers
- Comprehensive support for large time signatures, both of the kind used in commercial/film scores and in modern art music
- New system track to make it easier to manage large selections, insert and delete bars
- Dynamic staff management with smart ossias and divisi
- Sophisticated and customisable rhythmic feels for swing playback
- Flow headings to add automatic titles for multi-movement works
- Real-time recording via your MIDI keyboard
- Great-looking jazz articulations with perfect placement
- …and much, much more!
To update from Dorico 1.x to Dorico Pro 4 and save 50%, click the button below to add the update to your shopping basket.
Upgrading from Dorico Elements
If you’re currently using Dorico Elements, you can upgrade to Dorico Pro 4 and enjoy many benefits, including:
- Projects with an unlimited number of players
- Full Engrave mode, with DTP-style page layout, and tools for custom staff and note spacing
- Graphic slices for easy graphic export
- Richer playback with the HALion Symphonic Orchestra sample library
- Support for extra staves with divisi and ossias
- Automatic condensing for conductor’s scores
For a complete comparison of Dorico Pro and Dorico Elements, visit the Steinberg web site.
Buy upgrade from Dorico Elements 4 to Dorico Pro 4
Buy upgrade from Dorico Elements 3.5 or earlier to Dorico Pro 4
Dorico Elements 4
Dorico Elements 4 is itself the most significant update to the mid-range version of Dorico in its history, so if you’re currently using an earlier version of Dorico Elements, or the free version, Dorico SE, you could unlock a lot of powerful new functionality by updating or upgrading to Dorico Elements 4. New features include:
- Doubling the maximum number of players from 12 to 24
- Basic Engrave mode allowing you to graphically edit and tweak all of the items in your score
- Access to hundreds of engraving options for chord symbols
- Change the language of the instrument names and staff labels in your project
And, of course, you also benefit from many of the new features added in Dorico Pro 4, including the Key Editor, revamped Play mode, on-screen Keyboard and Fretboard instruments, instrument filters in galley view, the jump bar, and many, many more besides!
You can save 50% when you update from Dorico Elements 3.5 or earlier to Dorico Elements 4 when you buy before 30 November 2022:
Buy update from Dorico Elements 3.5 or earlier to Dorico Elements 4
To upgrade to Dorico Elements 4 from Dorico SE, click here:
Dorico for iPad
Although Dorico for iPad is free to download and use forever, it offers additional functionality through in-app purchases. You can buy a monthly or annual subscription to access all of its premium features – including working on projects with unlimited players, freehand annotation in Read view with Apple Pencil, support for third-party Audio Unit v3 plug-ins, melodic and rhythmic transformations, instrument filters in galley view, and more – or you can buy a one-off Lifetime Unlock in-app purchase to unlock all of this premium functionality, along with all future premium functionality that we will add in future.
During the Cyber Weeks sale, we are offering the Lifetime Unlock in-app purchase at an unprecedented 50% discount, which will end on 30 November 2022.
If you don’t currently have an active monthly or annual subscription, Dorico for iPad will prompt you to buy the Lifetime Unlock in-app purchase when you first run it. If you missed the prompt, you can tap the Subscribe button in the Hub, or choose Lifetime Unlock from the application menu, which will allow you to tap the button to buy the Lifetime Unlock in-app purchase.
Dorico for iPad will also prompt you automatically when you start the app every few days during the sale period to make sure you don’t miss out on the chance to buy at the special price.
There are many other savings to be had in the Cyber Weeks sale, with discounts of up to 50% across a wide range of products, including VST instruments like Groove Agent, sound packs, Cubasis for iOS and Android, and more. Check out the promotional page on the Steinberg web site to see all the offers!
And keep an eye on this blog, because we have more exciting news to come this week!
Will Dorico 4 Pro work with Dorico-for-iPad family plan?
Will Dorico 4 Pro work with iPad using family sharing?
I assume that it is necessary to cancel the monthly / annual subscription oneself in System Settings >> AppleID after having bought the lifetime unlock from the App Store
@Iain: That’s right: we cannot do that automatically, so you should do it.
I don’t see a “Subscribe” button in the Dorico iPad hub, nor can I find a “Lifetime Unlock” app menu item. How can we access the subscription (and discount), apart from hoping we’ll get another prompt before Nov 30?
In response to my previous question re: not seeing the Subscribe button in Dorico iPad, I discovered that it only appears if you rotate the iPad to landscape orientation. Maybe not the best behavior, but there it is!
I have an annual Dorico iPad subscription that is good until August 2023. I cancelled it but it still appears on my subscription list. Is it still good until August 2023 and then my Lifetime subscription starts? That would be the better deal.
Hi! I’m a music composition student and I recently learned about the cyber sale. I want to take advantage of the competitive crossgrade 50% off cyber deal and switch from Finale to Dorico Pro 4, but the eligibility verification will take a few days to process. Since the deal will have ended by then, would I be able to still get the discount?
@Michael: If you didn’t manage to sneak in under the wire, drop me an email at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de, and I’ll see what I can do to help.