- Display blank staves in any music frame by using the Flow Filter in Engrave mode (make sure the Frames editing mode is selected in the left toolbar).
- Create manuscript paper by filling the page with blank staves. Add a new Master Page that is not based on an existing pair; there is no need to make any changes in the Master Page Editor. Set your page to use this new blank Master Page. Now Dorico will not fill your pages with music, or the staves of added instruments. Draw out a music frame to fill the page (or as much of it as you would like to fill with blank staves), and choose Blank Staves from the Flow Filter.
- Optionally, you can set properties to influence the top and bottom padding, and you can choose exactly how many staves to fill the frame with.
- In Layout Options, set the staff size to change the rastral size of the manuscript paper.
- You could even save a Dorico project that has many layouts, each one using a different configuration or page size, orientation, staff size and number of staves.
Seems something is missing step/s covered by the ad. Not at all useful!!
@Duncan: Sorry to hear you didn’t find this tip useful. Can you say where you ran into problems? We’d be glad to help.
Tried this too, without success. Googled blank manuscript paper. This seems quite a convoluted way for Dorico to print blank manuscript. How about a button or similar that does the job? Thanks
Fair play, for a newbie at Dorico this is awful. I have no idea how to do this after 20 minutes trying to work it out. And all I want is a sheet of manuscript paper. Not blaming the tutorial… blaming the unintuitive software itself. I can produce manuscript in Sibelius in seconds. Come on guys!
This works for me, now, is there a way to add barlines?