- It’s easy to change any instrument in your project, even when it has existing music already input.
- In Setup mode, expand the player card for the instrument in question, and hover over the instrument label to show the menu arrow.
- Click the arrow to open the instrument’s menu and choose Change Instrument.
- The instrument picker opens, allowing you to browse for the instrument you require. Use the search box to filter the list.
- With the correct instrument selected, press Change and the instrument is replaced. All music is retained, with any necessary transpositions handled automatically.
I want to change only the sound of an instrument, not the notation. How do I do that?
I am arranging choir pieces but I am not happy with the standard “ahh” sounds for voices, so I want to change the instrument to sound like for example an electrical piano. However when I change instrument, I also change the notation and clef, and it makes a piano clef. How do I change just the sound and not the instrument so it keeps notated as SATB but with sounds of another instrument?
@Stephan: Check out this tutorial video.
I want to adapt a piece I wrote for strings for brass. But when I change the instrument exactly like described here I get no sound when playing back for the changed instruments. The brass sounds do play back when I start a new project and add them as new voices, but that would mean doing a lot of redundant work. What am I missing here?
@Jakob: Try going to Play > Playback Template and re-applying the default ‘HSSE+HSO (Pro)’ playback template.